Sunday 5 October 2008

Motivation...

Its a funny thing is motivation

sometimes the most mundane thing can motivate people to do an endless task.

like beer getting guys to motivate them to build a pyramid from a card pack. like feeling the need to impress a parent makes a child push themselves at school. like trying to gain acceptence from your peers makes you start to smoke. like the green of the paper makes you get out of bed even if you hate tony who sits next to you. thats motivation.

everyone needs it. even those that say they dont. its different from one person to another but its there.

what are the motivations in my life? if i'm totally honest...

the need for acceptance from my parents drives me on at work. the smile on my kids face when they eat something i've bought for them - a lil treat. the shaking of my wife's head knowing i've bought another useless thing i'll use for 5 mins.

what motivates me to carry on this blog?

some hope that it'll be super-popular and people from obama to musharaff will be quoting me?

that i'll be getting so many hits google advertising will fall at my feet with promises of millions?

maybe its the hope that i will bring peace and organised religion to the masses in china?

in all honesty?

its that lil statcounter thats reading around 70. i just love logging in and seeing that someone new has come on. from the big bad world of blogging. 70 people have logged onto mine. and just to let you know i am honoured... so what are your motivations to read this? ;) till the next time!

2 comments:

The Kook said...

actually, half of that stat counter is probably yourself checking how the blog looks. about 10 of it is me.

how did that affect your motivation :)

The Confused Brit. said...

HAHAHA

no i've blocked out my own IP address so it doesnt register it

so in theory that wud b upto 1000 by now *LOL*